Motivating your employees to achieve more is one of the most common challenges all new leaders face. The trick is to apply these seven methods and you should start to see a change in your team’s motivation. Here they are:
- Listen to their ideas and acknowledge their creativity.
- Make sure to allow them to share input on how to achieve the goal.
- Incentives work when they mean something to the team.
- Recognize the team players regularly on the good work they are doing.
- Make sure the team can see progress – transparency helps teams see what still needs to be done.
- Talk to each one ask them how they see their work matters to the project.
- Always celebrate success, especially the little triumphs.
The truth is motivation is an internal process that each team member must develop on their own. But, good leaders know how to read the vibe on their team to ensure the energy is high and meaningful goals are being met.
Do you have any other strategies you use with your team? Feel free to share your thoughts!