As you move up the corporate ladder, you will have to organize team meetings. For many this is a challenging task and for others it can be the one thing they love to do. However, a good team meeting must be productive and purposeful for your organization. Bad meetings can kill the motivation and productivity on your team so here are six steps to creating better team meetings:
- Always start with a purpose.
- Keep them short and to the point.
- Make sure everyone knows why they are at the meeting.
- Make sure everyone understands what action steps need to be done and by who.
- Send the agenda in advance.
- Stick to your agenda.
You always want to make sure you respect everyone’s time. Follow these easy steps and you will be on your way to becoming an effective meeting organizer.
Do you have any other strategies to create effective meetings? Share with us in the comment section below!